View Single Post
Old 08-04-15, 02:22 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Am I correct in remembering they came out around 1982? If they are as hard to keep true as the reports here say, they were craptacular by 1982 standards. I didn't true my wheels that often.
ithought the Fiamme Red labels (Ergals) were from the mid 70's.....
Anyway, my experience with them had been that they are quite craptacular......at least compared to most 80's rims.....
Can't ride my 72 bike right now because the Red labeled Ergals on it are rubbing on the bake pads again after just a few miles after I re-trued them, This will be the second time i will have to re-true them after I built them..... and I''m only around 170 pounds max.... I think the aluminum alloy(?) they used on them isn't too different from the one used on those foldable pool furniture chaise lounges you can still buy at K-Mart and some gas stations..... As the Brits might say, they are made from "chocolate"!
Anyone know of what better tubular rims from the same era (70's) I might replace them with?? Are Super Champion "Arc En Ciels" a much better choice??