View Single Post
Old 08-04-15, 05:03 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
No pics again today. Just another (successful) day at work with a bit of fun getting there and back on a bike. Had a threat of serious t-storms for this evening but dang one came close just to the south of us as I was preparing to head north to work. Got rained on lightly for about a minute. Experienced what the NWS calls "localized flooding", in this case the kind of very localized flooding we call puddles.

The ride home was a different story. Half an hour before I'd normally leave a monster cell came across dropping 1"-diameter hail. The sky got so dark it looked like night. So I waited for maybe 45min, and then it was all over. Radar showed another smaller cell coming that could clip my route in an hour or more. I left for home, got light rain for maybe a minute, saw the sun come out. Had to dodge much bigger "localized flooding" and some large downed tree branches. Debris in the road was a minor problem. Traffic was light and courteous though. What a ride!