View Single Post
Old 08-04-15, 08:13 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
15 miles on the Minuteman after work and after the deluge, took the LHT because it had fenders (none on the Rawland yet) and isn't bright spanking new and shiny (which the Rawland definitely is). Got to enjoy the LHT's virtues, principally stability (no shimmy here) and the big, supple, Barlow Pass tires. Transferred to the LHT some of the riding style that the Rawland has evoked, bombing along, the weather radar and the sky suggesting that I might get rained on, providing an incentive for speed.

All very well, until my rear tire flatted near TJ's. I set to work changing it; finding the cause (a sliver of glass, buried in the tread) took a bit of time. I routinely change the Compass tires without tire levers, and did so this time, which led to several offers of tire levers from helpful people riding by. All set, thanks.

The tire reflated, I resumed bombing along, turning around at Bedford Street, Lexington.

An energetic sky was fun to watch, but didn't drop any more rain or hail.

As the air cooled, a fog or haze rose, lit golden in some places and sliver in others.

I rolled home, along the way noting with satisfaction that the repaired Egg had weathered today's storm.

rod