Old 08-06-15, 08:21 AM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Two hard rides yesterday, both good. Coach 2.5 hours on the schedule, so at my training partner's suggestion, I (we) split it between dirt and pavement. I started off on the cross bike riding some fire roads and trails and getting in some S T E E P climbs (don't stand up on the cross bike on a steep climb, the rear wheel will start to spin - ask me how I know that). Attacked a few rollers, and laughed quite a lot. I didn't have power, but I'd estimate the TSS at 50 or so for the hour.

I got on the Look for the pavement session right after that. Perpetuem was the fuel, as well as a gel. Got a little over an hour of steady pace range riding, with attacks on the rollers and on some of the shorter climbs (none of the climbs were long). Towards the end I averaged 160 watts for almost 6 minutes on a long, shallow climb. Not bad for almost two hours in. I did a few sprint efforts on the way home. That TSS was over 60. Good day's work!

The Look, for some reason, feels like something is dragging in the driveline. The odd part is that it descends normally, so it's not wheel related. Under power it requires more than a "normal" effort to make it go, and it's not the bottom bracket. I'm wondering if the pulleys on the derailleur are causing it? Ideas?