Old 08-06-15, 08:33 AM
sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
After upping the pre-load on the needle-bearing headset a bit, took the Rawland out for 15 miles on the Minuteman on a beautiful Summer evening.

Lots of folks out tonight, enough to trigger misanthropy if I hadn't been on my guard against it, and chose to engage in people-watching, instead. Did get a couple of good sprints in when the trail opened up.

The pre-load tweak seems to have helped, I'll leave it alone for now until I get some indication that more is needed.

rod

There is no correlation between headset preload and misanthropy is there? I should check my bike.

My single speed headset seems okay because yesterday we went on a nice ride on the Old Colony Rail Trail to Chatham and appreciated well mannered trail use and crossing traffic.

Last night I admired the Dover Time Trial in their 20th year. Regulars and new folks get together 6:30PM on the first Wednesday of summer months and test themselves and their bikes. It is an all-are-welcome mix of serious aero and first timers who just took off the fenders and bike rack to give it a try.
Attached Images