View Single Post
Old 08-07-15, 02:21 AM
HK2K13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My rear tire keeps going flat.....

I've posted a while back about getting rid of my WACK $&% Retrospec fixed gear/singlespeed bike. I SO wish I could get rid of it right now but I can't afford it. Every time I look around, there's another issue with it. Either I need to become a bike mechanic or get rid of this bike.. or BOTH! lol
I've recently been having problems with my rear tire going flat on me as I'm out riding. I do nothing out of the ordinary. Hell... Honestly, I'm still rolling on my original front tire AND tube from 2011.... Hitting potholes and all. It holds air and rides like a trooper! FYI - I don't skid. I've taken this crapload to two different bike shops over 4-5 visits and the same thing keeps happening. Last time, the so called 'mechanic' at the bike shop had part of the tire sitting outside the rim which caused it to bubble and ride rough like the wheel was bent. He charged me for this foolishness! I caught it before it went flat, released all the air, pushed the tube into the tire and the tire into the rim. Inflated it & went for a ride.. Everything was a-ok. About 4 miles in....I feel that horrible feeling that I didn't need to feel at the time. My tire was FLAT. .I was close enough, so I walked home PISSED OFF!

Please help... What could be the cause of this? Was the tube punctured from the mishap? I ride in the street... No grass... I stay away as much as I can from rough terrain and glass. LA streets SUCK! So, I'm always dodging what they should've fixed a LONG time ago.

Last edited by HK2K13; 08-07-15 at 02:41 AM. Reason: added details