Old 08-07-15, 08:13 AM
daf1009

Bikes: LESS than I did a year ago!

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MulliganAl
type accessories. I'd like to have either a front or back rack that works well with the Rivendell that has a nice classic look. If you had a choice of only one would you do a back or the front rack for performance and ease of use? I also want to do leather stitched wrap on the mustache handlebars but I'm not sure what to get or how to put them on.

The bike is already set with 700c 42's but I'd like to eventually put something a bit thinner that will work with hand hammered fenders and which will be a bit light and faster for commuting. I live in Georgia so I want it to be able to handle the hills better on my commute.

Any other things you folks can think of that will help me dress up my new, to me, classic commuter will be greatly appreciated.
Hi Al...also an At-lantan...

For the rack, I would suggest a front rack...it balances a bike better than a rear...and, IMHO, has a better look...

As for leather wrap...the "gold standard" would be a Brooks wrap...but it is pricey. Not sure exactly how to do it...

As long as the 42's work with the fenders you decide on (and the Velo Orange suggestion is a good one)...I would not worry too much about smaller. I do not think you would really notice the difference, so long as you have the appropriate gearing...

And...where are the pictures? You need to let all of us drool a bit! :-)