View Single Post
Old 08-08-15, 09:38 AM
cale

Bikes: Kuota Ksano. Litespeed T5 gravel - brilliant!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by punkncat
98 Festina Scandal.

04 Cofidis
I didn't say it was not common. But what started as amphetamines blossomed in later years to the extent that a doping war was going on. In war, the side with the best weapons and strategy usually wins.

Blood doping is tremendously dangerous. Would you want someone you care about to dope because everyone does it? (rhetorical) I wouldn't and that's why I am opposed to offering any greatest title to proven dopers.

I don't personally think LeMond was the greatest but he is a hero to many of us cycling fans and for reasons that aren't so obvious. He stood up to Armstrong and was a important force behind breaking the scandal. That shows the character I want in a hero.

LeMond was almost certainly doping in 1989. He received an enormous amount of blood after he was shot and would have been on blood therapy for a considerable amount of time after. Maybe that therapy would have been excused by the governing body of cycling (I can't really bring myself to use their name because of their disgraceful cover-up behavior), it's hard to know.