Old 08-10-15, 08:27 AM
atbat16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nachoman
edit: If you're looking to grow your club, look to the youth in the community, like local high schools, and colleges.
This. I think the best way to grow something is organically. Find some younger "cool" riders and convince them to join. These young "connectors" will have the influence to help grow the club through their association (credit to Malcolm Gladwell's Tipping Point, a great read btw).

Also, tap into your own existing network of riding buddy's and make sure all of them are part of the club. Encourage all skill-levels of riders to join and help mentor new riders. This has been the key to some of the local clubs I've seen in my area. Leave the elitism at the door and be friendly to noobs on their first road bike. I know when I first started, I was extremely intimidated to join rides on my own or even approach some of the guys who looked like they had been riding for ages and I was only on my first summer of "serious" riding. I had to learn a lot through trial and error before some more experienced riders were kind enough to offer friendly advice and insight.

Good luck to expanding your club!