Old 08-11-15, 06:28 AM
Superia

Bikes: Achielle Sam, Superia Apollo Superstar, homemade path racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbke
Its like a sports car. You can love driving it. You can own all the classic examples you want. Just don't try to convince everyone that your 60s or 70s Ferrari is somehow a better car on the track than say something modern. In reality the average BMW and Mercedes business coupe will flat out embarrass almost any classic sports car ever made including vintage Ferrarri, Lamborghini, Masarrati, and Porsches.

Were those good cars? Sure. Iconic, interesting, I'd like to own all of them. However, I'm not about to be a fool and go on the internet and try to convince a bunch of Subaru STI owners that old, heavy, slow sports cars are better than modern, faster, and better handling cars.
I know this isn't a "car forum" but as a "petrolhead" I feel I need to respond to this... I know dozens of 1970's and 80's rallycars that'll beat a Subaru STI any time and By the way, old sportscars are lighter than new cars.

A normal 1970's saloon car only weighs +-800kg, a classic mini for example only weighs 650kg and handles better than any modern car... a modern day small hatchback weighs 1100kg at least and handles like a boat in comparison to old saloon cars.

The only reason why modern cars are better on track is because the suspension is a lot better, put some modern suspension on an old car and I asure you, it'll beat the modern equivalent.

Keep talking about bicycles, you seem to know a lot more about that...