Null66

Bikes: Built up DT, 2007 Fuji tourer (donor bike, RIP), 1995 1220 Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VCSL2015
Meet the grade

So, it occurred to me while looking deeper into my Strava info that I could look at the grade of the road. I was wondering why I was struggling at certain specific areas. For example, not warmed up, I meet a grade that is 6.6 up the street (i live in a small valley and climb out of it to get to my route) and im whining about that. I look more, and find out another incline i take all the time in the middle of my route with moderate huffing and puffing an 8.1 grade i zoom up no problem. I look farther and see that another road on the way home when Im wasted (tired lol) is also by chance a 6.6er. (shocker). WTH. Why are these hills killing me. Im wondering if there is anything I can do to make it easier on myself to get up these hills without killing myself or stopping underways panting because i was spinning just to get up to the top, had to stop and drink some water.
Uhm, because 6.6 and 8.1 are pretty nasty hills...

I find that my climbing strategy is not particularly too good, sometimes I suffer like mad on a hill and other times that very hill is much less of a pain...

Can you include a strava link?