View Single Post
Old 08-11-15, 01:07 PM
mconlonx

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7148 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by mconlonx
I was suffering a headache, but not much else regarding the head impact; at most a very minor concussion. Examination of my helmet indicated that it had deformed as designed, absorbing impact energy as the EPS liner compressed, and it was cracked. Because of the nature of the crash -- speed, forces involved, damage to the helmet, and lack of other significant injury, I believe:

- I would not have died if I was not wearing a helmet How do you know that?
- I would not have been permanently disabled due to TBI were I not wearing a helmet How do you know that?
- I could quite possibly have suffered a moderate concussion or head injury, but probably not a serious head injury. How do you know that?
I don't know any of this for sure, without a doubt... which is why I qualified these statements as informed opinion with an outline of how I got there. Combined with what I've learned about helmets over the years here in Helmet Thread, these are reasonable assumptions, not statements of fact.

Originally Posted by 350htrr
Nobody knows for sure and that is the whole point of wearing a helmet IMO to hopefully reduce the severity of injury ...
Hopefully... but you are missing the meta: this is not a point about wearing a helmet, this is a point about Helmet Thread.