Old 08-11-15, 11:19 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by saturnsc2
do you know or does anybody know if the premium cyo with daytime running lights use the daytime running light leds as their standlight? my old cyo uses the main led just at a dimmer mode when stopped.
I know from seeing it in person that the Cyo Premium uses the 2 led's on the bottom as it's standlight, not the main light like the older model did.

The Schmidt Edelux uses the main light as it's standlight, but it's not great because I think the standlight was designed for smaller led's giving the Schmidt a much shorter standlight time.

Originally Posted by saturnsc2
also is the premium light housing any larger than the original cyo? they advertise it has a revised switch so that's why I ask. my cyo is in a tight place & if I decide to upgrade I don't want any issues. as much as I like my old cyo & it's brightness if the new one is really brighter & at the same time wider it must be an awesome light. seems to me though that every pic & video on the net showing a comparison between the old & new light seems to show the spread out beam a little dimmer than the smaller beam.
I don't really know, it looked the same size plus a little extra for the external standlight led's, but I haven't compared them side by side. I know it's nowhere near the huge size of the...I'm forgetting the name, the one with usb charging built in. That thing was like the size of a coffee cup in person lol.