Old 08-12-15, 03:26 PM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RubeRad
Great post, keep us up to date on progress! Frame looks really cool, almost like Ti.

If you get everything else (i.e. brakes) you can do your ride with no FD, just manually move the chain if necessary. I'm guessing a midnight charity ride will not be a challenging course, you can probably choose a chainring beforehand and not worry about it.
Yeah true, but I can't do it single speed, and I need the cable guide to hook up the RD. I have a FD and cable guide in my Amazon cart about to click order, just need to verify seat tube size this evening when I get home.

I agree about the Ti look, I actually thought it was at first in the pics the guy put on FB, then when we messaged he said it was steel. Oh well, still a good buy for $60 I think. If I ever decide to sell it with the fork and headset all included together I could probably make money on the deal.

I just love how pristine it looks. The yellow frame is pretty dirty and scratched and generally beat up looking.