Stucky
Old Fart

Bikes: '97 Klein Quantum '16 Gravity Knockout

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bbbean
First things first. It doesn't matter if you race. It is enough to simply enjoy going fast. We all come to cycling for our own personal reasons. If speed isn't one of your reasons, there's no need to be concerned with speed. If it is, you're going to do what you have to do to get fast.

Now, that said, if you are racing, and races are often decided by fractions of a second, why on earth would you pass on technology that could make you a fraction of a second faster? While it is true that strategy and fitness are larger factors than equipment, it is also true that most everyone in a race is at a similar level of fitness.

Crux of the matter is that anything that can make you faster is something you're interested in if you want to be competitive. Tha means training, strategizing, and using the best gear you can afford.

Is any of that really not obvious?
Me like go fast too

Me go no faster on fancy CF 17 lb. Venge than on 19 lb. 18 year-old aluminum Klein.

Now you tell me, me can be faster on 15 lb. 007 Sharper Image mylar bike?

Me no think so!

Me be faster if take big dump before ride, or if ride more. Spend more clams no make me go faster.

Grunt! Grunt!