Old 08-14-15, 02:04 PM
ShortLegCyclist

Bikes: Many bikes in three states and two countries, mainly riding Moots Vamoots, Lynskey R265 disc and a Spot Denver Zephyr nowadays

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheManShow
Having sold printing supplies for a few years until the company I work for went belly because of poor management, the owner son in law spending away all the profits, and because the cheaper was cheaper, had items in stock, and provided fast delivery.

I soon learned my customer base had NO loyalty to me or GBW the company I worked for. They would buy from the competation over a 1/2 cent difference on a box of 100 print plates. We would big equiptmet to the State, Counties, Cities, School Districts. Many time loosing or getting a big over pocket change.

The one thing we offered was Letter Press Supplies, and most of Northern CA call us as we were had the larges supply.

I hear these words about support the LBS, and honestly most of my LBS's sell at list. Wal-Mart, Nashbar, Colorado Cyclist Performance have things I need. Plus their prices are better, I only have to wait a few day, and the item come to my PO Box.

Point is my customer when I was selling priniting supplies only cared about price, service, deliver time, and many use to call my boss for technicial advice. That he offered very freely, and many of these places gave us pennies of the dollar they spent on supplies.

Honestly if the LBS's wish to survive in 2015 with the internet, dealer in the UK. They better fighure out how to compete, or they will be gone like GBW, or a bike shop down the road from me that closed 4 months ago or so.
Because UPS can't be trusted to deliver merchandise safely?