CannedPakes
Bar Ends Forever

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankenator
Hello everyone,

This could possibly go into the pricing thread, but I'm looking for more general advice than just price info.

So I'm on a very limited budget at the moment, and I'm craving something to ride without spending a lot of $. I've been trying to research as much as I can while I have some free time, and I know there are so many variables that go into the bike itself let alone the relationship to the bike and rider regarding size/geometry/adjustability/etc.

Priorities:First, I just want to ride something now so I'm not having to borrow my brother's bike (and also we want to do some rides together). I want to get something that I can sell at a break even for when my budget increases for future upgrading. I know it seems ridiculous but there are cheap bikes around here and I really only want to start around $100 investment... like I mentioned that will end up changing, but for now that's just where I'm at. Any advice and guidance is greatly appreciated so I can help avoid any typical new guy mistakes when it comes to shopping and buying.

Here's what I'm currently looking at:
Vintage GIANT RS940 Road Bike for sale (Vintage GIANT RS940)
MEN'S SCHWINN TRAVELER III "Ultra Light" ROAD BIKE 10 SPEED (1987 original owner Schwinn Traveler iii I like the self powered lights for when I would ride at night here - not sure whether that feature is really valuable or not)
Light, fast Trek Hybrid. (newer Trek Hybrid).

(I'm 6' tall)
That Giant is so tiny. How is too big for him if he's 5'8"?

The Schwinn looks pretty good.

The Trek looks sort of low end but of course it's a Trek so it shouldn't be bad.