Bikes: Built up DT, 2007 Fuji tourer (donor bike, RIP), 1995 1220 Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VCSL2015
GTFOOTW or Get the F* out of the way!

Hello bike buddies..
1. how do you get the attention of people facing the wrong direction when you are passing them? Do you realllllly have a bell still on your bike? Also what about birds, and cats? Roadkill? jk.

2. does newly mowed lawn grass, horse S* (really people?) gravel from driveways, unsuspected cracks in the road cast over the bike path and broken pavement in the bike lane freak you out like it does me? How do you deal?
I usually say on your left in a command voice. Sometimes a loud "Good Morning" or whatever. Bells seem to work for people with the least confusion...

But some people are so oblivious that they might as well be moving roadkill...

Mowed grass is slippery, But lawn mowers scare me as a lot of people defeat their deflector shields so they are fantastic stone launchers...

For detris?

Well good tires help (one reason I retired the Gatorskins with like 300-400 km's is that they sucked on gravel, or other detris, and were down right lethal on the metal expansion joints on the bridges on the Neuse Greenway when wet!

But also, no change in direction and I don't use the front brake much on detris...