Old 08-17-15, 02:50 PM
arben

Bikes: 2013 CAAD10 Black Inc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ColaJacket
I can't find the one that I read a few years ago, but I did find some that show similar, and, in some cases, worse outcomes. (I'm simplifying the titles below.)

Fructose causes Hypertension

Fructose causes Diabetes

Fructose causes Obesity

The combination of studies out there show that Fructose can do bad things, so High-Fructose is even worse.

And I agree that cutting out gluten will not help most people other than the fact that it will probably lower the amount of carbs that those people are eating. There is a small percentage of society that has gluten intolerance, and it obviously helps them. And gluten-free products have, literally, been a life saver for a friend of mine who has a very serious allergic (we're talking anaphylactic) to wheat products.

GH
Article 1: They fail to state how much they fed the rats, as far as I can tell, but the rats more than doubled their weights in 24 weeks. I don't think that this should be extended to people.

Article 2: I'll look at this shortly because I really should be working, but hey.

Article 3: The rats ate two thirds of their calories for two weeks as pure fructose. I'm not sure that it's valid to extend these results to anything resembling a normal human diet.

EDIT: re: article 2: cf. response to article 3.

Last edited by arben; 08-17-15 at 03:19 PM.