View Single Post
Old 08-18-15, 07:00 PM
Oldpeddaller

Bikes: 1970 Holdsworth Mistral, Vitus 979, Colnago Primavera, Corratec Hydracarbon, Massi MegaTeam, 1935 Claud Butler Super Velo, Carrera Virtuoso, Viner, 1953 Claud Butler Silver Jubilee, 1954 Holdsworth Typhoon, 1966 Claud Butler Olympic Road, 1982 Claud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by horatio
Thanks. The tape is atrocious, as is the saddle(!) and soon to go. The yellow-green dots/strips are reflectors of some sort. Hope to start cleaning her up this week.
A tragic disappointment I still remember is arriving at my local recycling centre to throw away a lot of old metal pipes. There at the back of the metal skip was a bright yellow Brian Rourke hand built with Campagnolo kit and black Mavic rims, just looking a little tired and dirty. I was unable to rescue this discarded beauty - I even offered the attendant (operative) cash to retrieve it, but the facility is monitored by CCTV and it was not worth his job to be seen breaking all the rules. Always loved those frames, I've not (yet) owned or ridden one, but have ridden alongside other riders on Rourkes and they seemed to be sweet handling, responsive bikes that held speed well, especially uphill. Have fun with yours and post ride reports plus photos when you've ridden it - I'd like to know if my impressions are correct!