Old 08-19-15, 06:02 PM
mtnbke

Bikes: '92 22" Cannondale M2000, '92 Cannondale R1000 Tandem, another modern Canndondale tandem, Two Holy Grail '86 Cannondale ST800s 27" (68.5cm) Touring bike w/Superbe Pro components and Phil Wood hubs. A bunch of other 27" ST frames & bikes.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
I think this is an instance of The Tragedy of the Commons. This is a free resource, at some point a pother of grobians* erupts.

I'm not sure how this forum is moderated, I'm sure there are things that will get you immediately censored. Is there anything we can do for those that don't cross that line, but push against it? In the case of one poster, I PM'ed my reply, as the tone and direction was detracting from the thread. It was a "let's take this outside" reply. I received multiple, lengthy PM's that were variations on "mine is bigger than yours" arguements. At least no one else had to deal with it.

*perusing a dictionary in my youth, I found these two archaic words, and try to use them together whenever possible.
Since you are mudslinging, I'll bring something more accurate to the conversation. Actually I found my replies to be reasonable and conciliatory, and I was trying to explain to you where your indictments and preconceived notions were coming up short. Your replies were insulting and abusive, you actually didn't read anything that was sent to you as was clear from your replies which were disconnected from any reasonable attempt to establish a dialog. I answered your questions repeatedly and you seemingly didn't care to acknowledge that. I took the whole thing as just an attempt to bait on your part. At which point you PMd me in a tantrum and said you were done with the communication.

For the record.