View Single Post
Old 08-19-15, 07:49 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Piece
First off how did you go from bicycle helmets to seat belts? Where did I ever suggest a seat belt did not prevent anything? A seat belt is a restraint, it prevents (or is suppose to) you from you moving. But it Does Not prevent injury! WTF! Do you really think you put on a seat belt and prevent injury? You put on a seat belt to add a layer of protection and hopefully reduce injury.
A bicycle helmet does not prevent anything. Never has never will, or else the helmet manufacturers would have it written all over their product. Sorry you do not understand that, it is plain and simple. I have said and will continue to say that a helmet can add a layer of protection, but that is totally different than saying a helmet will prevent injury which it will not. Prevention is not something you wear, it is something you do.
If you want to "prevent" head injury on a bicycle, prevent the acts of carelessness that cause the crash. Then you will be preventing something.

Oh, 350htrr, prevention: "1. the act of preventing; effectual hindrance. 2. something that prevents; preventive.
Well now, I do believe a helmet CAN "prevent" your head from contacting the ground in the event of said head hitting the ground with a helmet on... Thus it also certainly can "prevent"" road rash, it also can certainly "prevent" a bump on the noggin, and now getting into the more hotly disputed "prevention", saving your life (not loosing your life) and or other serious head problems...

EDIT; No, a helmet won't "prevent" an accident, but, it can "prevent" something's...

Last edited by 350htrr; 08-19-15 at 08:22 PM.