View Single Post
Old 08-21-15, 04:32 PM
88prelude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
I agree with you on the frame. That RD cable routing is odd. The '77 Super was rather plain as far as panto. Here is the headlug/dt joint, very crisp panto:
Thanks! That's what has me the most concerned about the frame. There should be a club in at least one of the lugsets somewhere. Taken from Class Rendezvous:
Lugs:
1969: Cutouts in all 3 lugs, all clubs are the same size. Note however that one experienced member recalls differently "I've never seen a Super with
cutouts all the same size. That would be physically impossible anyway,based on the sizes of the lug tangs."
1970: Cutouts in all 3 lugs, but club in bottom head lug is now larger than the other lugs.
1971: Cutouts in all 3 lugs, but club in bottom head lug is now larger than the other lugs.
1972: 3 lugs cutout, all same size.
1973: 3 lugs cutout, all same size. There is general consensus on this too but note again that an experienced member believes the single cut-out came
earlier; may have been as early as 1972.
1974: Cutout in bottom headlug only.
1975: Cutout in bottom headlug only.

General comments: the "fluffier/bulbous" club cutouts appear on the earlier bikes. The smaller/leaner cutouts began to show up, give or take, sometime after 1975.
I wonder if whoever "modernized" the bike also decided to cut-out the club in the BB shell and then add the looped cable guides.