View Single Post
Old 08-21-15, 04:53 PM
Illegal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Handlebar widths

Specifically bullhorn handlebars. I'm trying to find a narrower handlebar but I'm confused about how the width is measured. Most are measured center to center. My understanding is that center to center is the measure between the center of the parallel part of handlebar.

I purchased this handlebar last month from eBay because the it claimed to be 36 cm center to center. When i got it i realized it was actually 42 cm center to center. The ad also said its 42cm end to end which totally confused me.

VR Pursuit Bullhorn with Drop Fixie Handlebar Clamp Diameter 25 4mm Width 36cm | eBay

I ended up getting a refund and kept the bar which was great but now I'm trying to order another one and I'm completely confused about how they measure the bars.

Found this handlebar which says 37cm center to center. I need to know if it will actually be 37 cm wide from the center of the parallel parts of the handlebar. Or if there is some other way of measuring these things that im totally missing out on.

25 4mm 37cm Bullhorn Riser Bar for Fixed Gear Bike Bicycle Alloy Handlebar B121 | eBay

Also found this other handlebar which doesn't say the width but i looked it up and its supposed to be 31cm wide. I might buy it if i can confirm that it will actually be 31cm center to center.

Syntace Ultralite x Aero Triathlon Time Trial TT Base Handle Bars | eBay

for sell vintage Syntace TT time trial, Triathlon handlebar New old Stock NOS NIP

Also if anybody knows of any narrower cheaper handlebars that would be greatly appreciated. thank you.