Old 08-24-15, 02:49 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,592 Times in 1,436 Posts
Originally Posted by YWoodman
In exactly the same way as you cannot push a car forward by pushing at the steering wheels, you cannot push a bicycle forward by pushing at the handle-bars. Period. All notions to the contrary are erroneous.

Any forward push that you may believe is occurring is purely an illusion. I don't suppose that you also believe that it's possible to slow a bicycle by pulling on the handlebars? No, of course not. If the one operation is impossible then the other couldn't possible be.
Have it your way. I'm not invested in what you or anyone wishes to believe. I responded the first time to correct your misconceptions for the sake of anyone reading the thread. Now, I'll spare my fingers by taking George Carlin's advice and moving on.

However, I'll leave you with a parting thought. Consider what happens when a hand grenade is tossed at the enemy and explodes in the air, short of the target. The same rules that determine that outcome apply to a rider and bike "busting" just short of the finish line.

Have a good day.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Last edited by FBinNY; 08-24-15 at 03:45 AM.