View Single Post
Old 11-15-05, 03:48 PM
tacomee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
stegosaupus,

Hang in there! I know how hard it is to get a negitive response to your bike riding ways. I still feel like a high school loser sometimes.

The problem lies with our Western Capitalist System-- we are all judged by the things we buy, starting with cars. Step out of the system and it makes people question you. Why don't you have a car? Why don't have a big house? Or even the right clothes?

But now that you're riding your bike-- the world looks different to you. Your friends and family may not see it the same way, being stuck in the old buy-your-way-to-happiness rat wheel life. It's natural to question your own choices, even when you're pretty darn sure you're right.

p.s.-- on the whole Western Capitalist System thing-- I kind of like it myself. As long as you got the system working for you, like saving $$$ by commuting by bike to go on vacation, it's a good system. If you let the system control you, like getting $100,000 in credit card debit to impress folks you really don't like-- Capitalism kinda sucks...