TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 3,261 Times in 1,711 Posts
back on topic:

I'm also an AM trainer, but have a real hard time getting up much before 6am. I can show up at work as late as 10 or 10:30, so that helps. This morning I woke up at 5:30 to do my 3hrs before work without too much of a rush. I'm pretty diligent with my recovery routine as I am very prone to overuse injuries if I don't stretch and massage regularly.

My GF is a night person, so that has shifted my internal clock fwd a little bit, which doesn't help with getting up early. I have a real hard time getting to bed and falling asleep before 11:00 or 11:30. The things we do for love .

WRT hours on the bike:

I don't have a family (yet), but with a ~45hr work week, another big hobby (piano/music) and an approx. 0.75hr/day time expenditure on supplemental activities (core/stretching/strengthening/massage), it's hard to find the time to ride much more than 8 to 10hrs/week. Mid season its closer to 7-8.

It does feel good to ride a lot, which I try to do over the winters. I feel best when I'm in my groove mid season of 2 back-to-back interval days, one long ride (or race) on the weekend, and one or two easy/JRA/mtn rides.

Last edited by TMonk; 08-25-15 at 06:46 PM.