Old 08-26-15, 07:32 AM
jfowler85

Bikes: '93 911 Turbo 3.6

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
What on Earth are you posting about?!?!? I don't even know how to spell "illicit". What makes a drug illicit anyway? Doesn't sound like I am the prud!!!! The laws and views on/about drugs vary. I only group them together because I don't have your sense on how to separate them. Please feel free to explain the differences.
You spelled illicit just fine. Illicit and illegal are synonyms. You can surely make the connection from there.

I didn't know I had my own "personal ideology"! Want to share with me what you've assigned my personal ideology to be?
Well I'm not sure what to say about that, except that you must be lacking in the ability to identify self. You're the one who posted about it not being ok to have a beer while cycling, and now you are unsure of your own ideology? Are you munching pills?

No. The reality is... alcohol is very addictive and destructive. Other drugs are likely just as bad. Whether using the park systems with children around... or highways with car around. Drinking/drugging and driving/cycling is wrong. Everyone knows that. Unfortunately some with addictive issues have to rationalize unsafe public usage as they have no choice.

If you need to pause your cycling to have a drink or drug so as to enhance your enjoyment.... you have a problem.
Alcohol in moderation is not addictive and destructive - in case you're not paying attention that is your ideology I am responding to - the Mayo Clinic says that moderate drinking (2/day men, 1/day women) is linked to reduction in cardiac mortality, risk of ischemic stroke, risk of diabetes.

Like everything related to biology, there are no absolutes. Even quantum physics tells us that we can only ever know probability of a specific event occurring. It's good of you take up the MADD cause and paint all alcohol as bad, but the reality is that is just not the case.

Last edited by jfowler85; 08-26-15 at 08:47 AM.