Old 08-26-15, 08:29 AM
mconlonx

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7148 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Fishguy
So I got ran off the road today by a pack of cyclists on my commute home tonight. I was coming up to a fairly busy stop sign controlled intersection intending on turning left (after stopping at the stop sign of course...). I look back and a pack of about 40 roadies were coming up behind me so I signal my intention to turn left and start to move over...THEY CAME AROUND ME ON MY LEFT ANYWAYS and proceeded to blast through the stop sign and headed right. I was forced to pull off the road to my right and come to a stop (certain expletives may have been uttered). If I had swung over to the left I would have taken out the whole pack.

I have been commuting on these roads for 10 years and have never had an interaction with a motorist and then I get blasted off the road by a bunch of aggro roadies? WTF? Its bad enough for cyclists to piss off motorists...but when cyclists start pissing off other cyclists using the road responsibly? Unfortunately it is cyclists like these guys who give cyclists a bad image and wreck it for those of us who try to behave on roads.

Oh yeah I live in Boulder Co. Colorado...go figure. Not all of us here are like these guys BTW.
So today I got blindsided by a double post in Bike Forums. I was just browsing along and read a post about some guy who got cut off by a pack of roadies in A&S, when all of a sudden BASICALLY THE SAME POST APPEARED WHEN I CHECKED IN WITH COMMUTING!

I have been browsing these forums for a while and have had various issues with other members, but to be double-posted on by a newb?!? WTF? It's bad enough cyclists comment in general forums to piss off the general public... but when cyclists start pissing off other cyclists who post responsibly in Bike Forum? Unfortunately it's cyclists like these members who give BF members a bad image and wreck it for those of us who try to behave on BF.

Oh yeah, I post here on BF frequently... go figure. Not all of us here are like this guy BTW.