Old 08-26-15, 08:35 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by jfowler85
Ok, what do you plan to do about it? Elbow one of them on the way by? Pull in front and cause a crash? I didn't say accept it, I said brush it off. This kind of stuff happens, and there is little you can do about it. Write a letter to a state office, report the group to the cops, get involved with a local cycling organization...what is any of that going to do, and why is it even worth the effort for a once-in-a-ten-year event? And who said anything about sponsors?
Did you read my post?

if you see our team breaking the law (or being a jerk), let us know 'cause we'll correct the problem.

It's not complicated, most Minneapolis teams are sponsored by bike shops, bike-related businesses, and a bike-friendly restaurant. They care, because they want the positive association with their name. Jerks riding around town with your name all over their jersey is not good for their marketing.

We, the bike-community, should expect better than disrespecting others in the name of 'fast'.