jfowler85

Bikes: '93 911 Turbo 3.6

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
Did you read my post?

if you see our team breaking the law (or being a jerk), let us know 'cause we'll correct the problem.

It's not complicated, most Minneapolis teams are sponsored by bike shops, bike-related businesses, and a bike-friendly restaurant. They care, because they want the positive association with their name. Jerks riding around town with your name all over their jersey is not good for their marketing.

We, the bike-community, should expect better than disrespecting others in the name of 'fast'.
The OP isn't writing about your team, he is writing about another team he encountered. If you were part of that team then tell your team members they are being ********. OP never mentioned anything about sponsors, or even if they were all dressed alike. That is something you assumed.

What do you mean "we"? I am a cyclist but I do not consider myself as part of "your" community. That's your construct, and if you want to live within that, that's fine. I see a "me" when I ride on the road; when I am disrespected or put in danger I fire off a finger and let it go.

You never answered my question - when you (not your team, pay attention to context here) are disrespected by a group ride, what do you do about it?

Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
BTW - "brush it off"... well I do.
Then what are you arguing with me about?

Last edited by jfowler85; 08-26-15 at 08:49 AM.