View Single Post
Old 08-26-15, 04:55 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by sherbornpeddler
Jim, you are smart to take a few days off to recover. Speaking of taking a toll, I am recovering from a few ailments but found the "riding in a cloud", relatively cool, misty weather so pleasant I rode a solo 37 miler two days ago... and will play it smart and take a day off.......
It sounds like both a pleasant ride and a testament to the validity of your own advice!

I rode my commute on the Gazelle today, and a lovely ride it was too on the way home. A bit wet this morning, almost misting, almost like riding through a swimming pool.

This is wildlife week, I think. On Monday I saw a family of turkeys in Woburn's Four Corners, was a mom, a dad, and two 1ft tall turklets. Today I saw another solo turkey right in from of Lawless Dodge in Four Corners. I was mildly harassed by a small dog today in an area usually quiet. He seemed to be acting out some territoriality. (Wow, Microsoft Spullchucker thinks territoriality is a real word!)

Finally, I see that Lexington has put down new pavement on Concord Rd on at least the section by the radio towers with the steep hill. I didn't ride yesterday but that new pavement wasn't there on Monday. Now you can fly down that hill without worrying about the bumps!