Old 08-26-15, 10:22 PM
fthomas
Fred E Fenders

Bikes: Jamis Aurora Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Maybe to some extent our subconscious takes us back to a earlier time in life where we were some super hero as we rode our bikes with abandoned. It reminds me of my grandson who would tag along with me to different sporting goods stores, bike shops and of course Bass Pro. We had been in REI and I was picking something up and I missed him. I found him over in the bicycle department. It wasn't a week later that he asked me to take him to REI so he could show me the most beautiful red bicycle he had ever seen. Of course we went and came home with his red dream bicycle.

I would take my grandson to the main mountain bike area and ride the paved road up and back. My grandson would stop as guys came by on their carbon fiber full suspension mountain bikes and yell: Hey, do you want to look at my mountain bike? Many would stop and he would point out all the benefits of training wheels. We would ride together whenever possible. He was five then and now is thirteen. Wish he were close by so we could again share the experience.

A bicycle is a time machine taking us back to more carefree times and giving us a new perspective on our future. A healthier and happier future because we are taking care of ourselves.

Behold the wise Jobst Rider,
Whose unfettered mind
Sees God in dirt
And hears him in the spokes.

(Adapted from a quote by Alexander Pope)

Jobst Brandt leaves behind memories to last a lifetime

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)