Old 08-27-15, 09:05 PM
Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command

Bikes: 3 Road Bikes, 2 Hybrids

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
Cycling for fitness and recreation, but not in the rain (safety) or cold (asthma).
Do most of my own bike wrenching. Building up a Secteur frame now. It'll be the most modern bike I own.
Play mostly first wave instrumental Surf rock (Ventures, Astronauts, Chantays) very poorly on a Stratocaster, Jazzmaster or Jaguar with lots of reverb.
Modify guitars and assemble partscasters.
Have lots of cats. Yes, I'm the crazy cat person. Used to volunteer at a shelter, but don't anymore as it's too heartbreaking.
Listen to a lot of music. Also into hi-fi equipment.
I target shoot at a nearby range. No hunting though. None at all. Just shoot office supplies and paper targets.
Assemble my own computers. Used to be in the IT biz, but can no longer handle the stress.
Go to therapy sessions for PTSD as my parents were real chitheads.
Do my best at yard work and upkeep on my house.

I used to run and lift weights regularly in my yoot, but due to a bad lower back I can't do either. I even have a hard time walking or going to the grocery store and pretty much have to use a shopping cart as a walker. I may try to lift some weights (no heavy stuff) over the winter months again, but if my back starts to hurt I'll quit. Just not worth it. Oddly enough, due to the nature of my injury, I can ride a bike provided I'm not too bent over. I really miss running.

I also used to read a lot, but it seems I have a lot of problems with concentration anymore. Watching a movie is about as involved as I care to get.

Now get off my lawn!