View Single Post
Old 08-28-15, 10:11 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Dudley Road - one of the area's really really really cool roads, even if it isn't very long. You can't ride it very fast and you wouldn't want to.

Grapes are out and so are acorns! One of the autumnal hazards has begun.

And speaking of the Minuteman, as on most days I rode may commute today which includes about 2 1/2 miles on the MM. The MM was busier than usual this morning, with extra traffic on bikes and on foot. In fact the first half of my commute was decorated with gaggles of attractive joggers, as Ron Thomason used to say, women of the opposite sex. I got a late start today so maybe that explains it, but I think maybe it is students coming home to roost.

Unfortunately I flatted a Vittoria sew-up tire going into Woburn. As luck would have it, I finished up re-assembling the bike about 100yds ahead of an oncoming street sweeper machine. If I'd been 10 minutes later whatever cut my tire probably wouldn't have been there. The cut may be big enough that I can't save it, but it's a tire I had already patched once and sewn back up.

Last edited by jimmuller; 08-28-15 at 10:15 AM.