View Single Post
Old 08-28-15, 01:42 PM
xraydog

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I share Viking55803's thoughts and passion for riding (biker or cyclist). I did a fair amount of riding with my father my late teens then didn't touch an outdoor bike again until 3 months ago (35yrs), I had done some spinning through the years. A few friends of mine who ride urged me to go for a ride with them. I couldn't believe how exhilarating and experience it was. I was by far the anchor in the group, but, it didn't matter I felt alive and young again.

I recently purchased a "gravel grinder" and enjoy riding even more. There are many moments during the day that I daydream about getting on the bike when I get home and ride. I have a long way to go being a Clydesdale and in my mid-50's but every day I feel better and stronger. I am getting over mountains that I walked up earlier. What a great sport and form of exercise. What a wonderful piece of machinery.

Like others have repeated..... when I ride I am not really thinking of anything or sometimes thinking of everything at once. It is great freedom for you mind. I love those moments when you sort of wake up and realize you are 5 miles down the road and don't have any recollection of the time or effort you put in to get there. Maybe it is a form of meditation. Sometimes I ride focused of time / speed to push myself, but, the times I really enjoy is just getting on the bike and riding. I love MZilliox post when he said "he rides like a 12y/o" that is a great mindset. I'll try and keep that in mind, all to often it is too easy to get caught up in speed, cadence, segments, meters climbed etc., which takes a lot of enjoyment out of the experience

Looking forward to today's ride.... mild temps no humidity.

Rick D