View Single Post
Old 08-30-15, 07:34 PM
sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Out and back ride on the Upper Charles. We started at the man made spring on Center St in Holliston.

and rode west on smooth, packed stone dust, sections of packed and loose recycled asphalt, unimproved dirt and a sweet new wooden bridge I think at Beaver Brook close to the Milford line. e crossed under Rt 495 and stopped for lunch at Prezo next to the trail, continued on across Rt 109 on the new section behind Hannaford's then actually followed the original rail bed past a storage facility and the Natural Stone Supply yard to the Senior Center and Main St. The thought crossed my mind my sweetie was going to ask me to bring home a load of crushed stone for the garden path but we kept moving and the panic passed.

On the way back we did stopped to chat with Robert Weidknecht, chairman and dedicated trail worker of the Holliston Trails Committee. I told him I'd see if I can find a "deer camera" to catch those childish vandals with early personality disorders and lack of pride and concern for community property.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
tunnel.jpg (68.3 KB, 82 views)
low IQ on trail.jpg (83.0 KB, 80 views)
dogwalker e of tunel.jpg (42.5 KB, 79 views)
Rob W clearing.jpg (62.3 KB, 80 views)
unimproved dirt section.jpg (92.6 KB, 78 views)
beaver brook bridge.jpg (79.7 KB, 80 views)
bike spring on trail.jpg (51.6 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by sherbornpeddler; 08-31-15 at 07:23 AM. Reason: add photo