View Single Post
Old 08-31-15, 09:53 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
So, some more from Hyde Park - London.

Mostly I wanted to visit Speaker's Corner, which I did pass by both on foot and on the Boris Bike. There were no speakers on soapboxes that I saw, but there is a food kiosk:

Anyhow, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. After walking through Hyde Park and seeing the numbers of folks about on Boris Bikes, I got up early the following morning and headed over. There's an app for that which proved quite easy to use to locate docking stations, this one for a return:

Around the park there were park roads with bikelanes:

park roads without bikelanes:

Segregated bicycle/walkways (though pedestrians with smart phones can often be quite dumb about that):

A very wide bicycle lane with lamp posts separating cyclists from pedestrians (I've briefly left the bike lane since the cyclists coming towards me didn't single up):

And a collection of folks on roller skis, most going round one way on the pedestrian paths:

And a service road (only for very small park vehicles and bicycles), a broad walking path on the right, and a *HORSE*(?) lane on the left:

Saw no horses, but very well behaved dogs off leash. Here I'm track standing for a brief moment on the Boris Bike while the owner tells her dogs to stay and motions me onward:

I did very briefly venture onto a quiet city street, but lost my nerve to be a true roadie on a Boris Bike sharing the very busy roads with all manner of buses and cabbies and cars:

All in all, a delightful way to spend two pounds and an couple of hours.

-mr. bill