volosong

Bikes: n + 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by tunavic
Yep, we've got the same awesome bike!

It's all Shimano 11 speed Ultegra with 11-32 cassette.

Tell me about your saddle. The Fizik Antares on my bike is new but I don't see me keeping it.
Same here. 6800 with the 11-32. I need the all the help I can get on the hills. Compact on the front, so I can go as low as 34/32. Could use taller than 50/11, but not often enough to give up the low, low gearing. Got the frame from Castle Hill in Austin. Except for closeouts, they don't sell frames or bikes as of earlier this year and are concentrating of fits instead. I'm bummed about that because I've been eying a Pinarello FCX in the same color scheme, (I'm not a fan of the all-black trend from everybody the past couple years).

The saddle is a Sella SMP Lite 209. I have one of those on all by bikes, (mostly Pinarellos). It is the first saddle I tried that 'didn't make me numb down there'. Major disadvantage is that you have only one sit position. You can't slide back or forth at all. The SMP comes in various widths and different levels of padding. The Lite 209 is pretty much in the middle of both parameters, and a Specialized Body Fit said it was the correct width for me. Padding is a personal choice that depends on how many miles one rides at a time and how often they ride. More padding is fine for shorter and infrequent rides, but will make you really sore on long rides. Hard padding is like sitting on a plank. The Lite 209 is a good compromise, at least for me.

Ride safe.