View Single Post
Old 09-02-15, 12:54 AM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
> What the heck is wrong with you?
I am fine. I have been using these glasses for a couple of years and my eyesight has if anything improved (though that was probably a coincidence).

When we use glasses we do not always use the centre of the lenses but look to the sides. That is similar to using glasses with incorrect pupillary distance. The Dork Blue glasses above are noticeably incorrect, which is why I made the Yellow ones. I try to get PD right but I am imprecise since I am not aware of research to suggest that an incorrect pupillary distance harms the eyes.

I also use cheap (<$4 USD) off the shelf glasses which are -3.0 -3.0 (as opposed to -3.0, -2.5) without the ability to set the pupillary distance and they work for me too, without, as yet, noticeable detriment.
Clear Lens Nerd Black Frame Myopia Glasses 1 1 5 2 2 5 3 3 5 4 4 5 5 5 | eBay

I am on the other hand, as a result of these tall dork glasses, able to cycle long and low, these days in the drops a lot of the time, with great enjoyment and health benefit. That is why I recommend them.

What the heck is wrong with you?

Last edited by timtak; 09-02-15 at 12:58 AM. Reason: corrected the price of the glasses