cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, an orange one and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3270 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 480 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
I guess luck just wasn't on your side. I love my contis and my shop mates are the same. I have never had any issues aside from the time I had a blow out pumping some grand prix classics on some old rims that may not have been able to handle the pressure or the tube was faulty. Though a new tube, a little less pressure and everything was fine and dandy.
Luck had nothing to do with it. The only tire failure that involved "luck" was the shredded tire following an impact but only the impact involved any kind of random event (aka "luck"). The blowouts and the shredded tires were defects in the tires plain and simple. I've had plenty of other tires over 40 years of bicycling and never had a single brand with so many failures...especially for a brand that is supposed to be "premium". I'm very disappointed in the brand and, frankly, won't trust it.

Here's the shredded tire, by the way

What you can't see is that the tire was completely misshapen and that the inner layer was likely to fail at any point.
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!
Days of Wineless Roads. Bed and Breakfasting along the KATY
Twisting Down the Alley. Misadventures in tornado alley.