View Single Post
Old 09-02-15, 09:55 AM
Fastfwd01

Bikes: 2015 Cervelo R5 Dura Ace, 2015 Cannondale Synapse 5 Disc 105, 2006 Cannondale F300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dalava
Buy a regular sunglasses of your choice, and then replace the lenses with someone like lensesRX.com who has pretty good price. I've done 3 pairs now and they are very good. Oakley prescriptions are nice but they are $$$$$$.
+1 My vision insurance company requires that they make all the lenses for any glasses that I order. They've made several pairs of sunglasses for me now. They can't do wraparounds though. I most recently had them do some Oakley Flak 2.0 XL and I upgraded the lenses to transition with the best anti glare coating they offer since they weren't Oakley lenses. They're not as cool as prescription Oakley I might imagine. The edges of the lenses are pretty thick and make them look like the stereotypical 'coke bottle' lenses and my eyes aren't that bad. I'm not sure if that is to ensure they have no distortion or if they just didn't cut the lenses down. I might guess the lenses come that way with that degree of curve and there may not be anything that can be done to them but cut them in the correct shape. IDK.

I'm overall pretty happy with them. A huge step up from my Wiley X motorcycle glasses that I've been using for cycling in the very least. They were several hundred cheaper than Oakleys too.