View Single Post
Old 09-02-15, 10:53 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
i live fairly close by and frequently do a variation of this ride:

Bike Ride Profile | Well If You Ride It Got To Ride It Like You Find It near San Diego | Times and Records | Strava

n. mountain view/e. mountain view in between the 805 & 15 fwys just north of adams ave is approx 3 flattish miles long with low traffic, one stop sign and no stop lights.
it's the longest stretch i've found in the normal heights/city heights area with minimal traffic controls. i usually incorporate that stretch into a ride that goes (mostly)
north of adams ave and south of the mission valley canyon rim. you're on adams ave. for very short stretches. on your end in city heights, head north to talmadge
and ride west on the roads that hug the mission valley canyon rim. you can link up kensington, normal heights and university heights with the whole ride being approx 15 miles one way.
the talmadge area north of el cajon blvd is relatively quiet with no stop lights and fewer stop signs along the canyon rim roads.

Last edited by diphthong; 09-02-15 at 11:00 AM.