Old 09-02-15, 07:08 PM
ModeratedUser
Banned

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute View Post
Luck had nothing to do with it. The only tire failure that involved "luck" was the shredded tire following an impact but only the impact involved any kind of random event (aka "luck"). The blowouts and the shredded tires were defects in the tires plain and simple. I've had plenty of other tires over 40 years of bicycling and never had a single brand with so many failures...especially for a brand that is supposed to be "premium". I'm very disappointed in the brand and, frankly, won't trust it.

Here's the shredded tire, by the way

What you can't see is that the tire was completely misshapen and that the inner layer was likely to fail at any point.

I see what you are talking about on these tires. I rolled with my new Continental Touring Plus to my doctors office and pharmacy. A distance of ~2 miles. I was going through drive-thur service at the pharmacy and was inspecting everything and seeing how good they looked. I noticed a bulge at the sidewall. Not sure if it was moving or not. I envisioned that slime tube exploding all over me and the drive up window! I very quickly dropped the psi to maybe 30-35 and rolled with some attention to where I was rolling. They did last for my ride home. At that point I just took the tires off and called them history. Looks like the seller I got my tire from doesn't even want these back. Just refunded me about an hour ago. So now I have three free Continental tires that I don't have a clue what I'm going to do with. I know I ain't going to use them. I really hate to sell them unless I can tell them how crappy they are.

Just to be sure on what we are talking about here. I'm talking about the tires made in India. Not the tires made in Germany. Don't know what Continental is doing here but this can't be a good business move.