View Single Post
Old 09-03-15, 06:53 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 740 Posts
It's been a long time since I've used the word "hobby." I always thought of it as something you did for fun. But, curiosity got the better of me, so I looked it up. The online Merriam-Webster Dictionary had only one definition: an old English word for a small Falcon. What!? Nothing else. That can't be it. So, I used "The Google" (I will always thank GW Bush for that phrase). Ah, there it is: something done for fun or enjoyment. Took a few moments to consider. Can smoking a cigar and drinking Bushmill's while sitting on the porch be a hobby? It used to be riding my Ducati all over town and the country. But, these days I don't want to give up that time when I could be cycling. Hmm. Well, I do read a lot and it's primarily about trying to understand life, reality, why we're here, etc. So, a strange mix of philosophy and science. And, I'm always interested in anything I can learn about "life" online. That's when I realized that my "hobby" really boils down to searching to know more about as much as I can. Today I've started by learning that a hobby is a small falcon. Cool. And, thanks.