View Single Post
Old 09-03-15, 07:03 AM
Fastfwd01

Bikes: 2015 Cervelo R5 Dura Ace, 2015 Cannondale Synapse 5 Disc 105, 2006 Cannondale F300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by timtak
Cheaper prescription lenses have a lower refractive index that means you need more bulk to bend the light. If they are hidden inside the Oakleys though it shouldn't matter.
https://www.google.co.jp/search?hl=e...IcH40ATO0aTwAg
I bought the cheapest that an online supplier had which were 1.59. They are pretty thick at the edges too especially since they are big, and they are visible being on the outside of the lens, so they do look coke bottle but, I am okay with that.
These glasses still cost me a chunk of change and mostly for the lenses with the extra coatings, etc. I should have known to ask before ordering them what exactly I was getting. It's not a huge deal really. I don't think I had any other option, but I might ask and see if they just flubbed giving me the option of a better quality thinner lens from my insurance company. I'm certain the Oakley lenses wouldn't be as thick as these, but those are several times as expensive as what I got and it would all be straight out of pocket expense.