Old 11-16-05, 07:50 AM
Red is Faster!
...need...more...power...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badkarma
I lock up my brakes, run into the car, and fall to the pavement. Luckily, no harm to me, and the only damage was that my rear tire had to be re-trued. The driver was very apologetic about it, and he offered to pay for my truing of the rear tire - no biggie, not much harm, mistakes happen.
I guy I ride with had the exact same thing happen on Gulf to Bay SR-60 in Clearwater. In his case. the driver got out of her SUV, yelled at him for "hitting" her car. Proceded to get back in her car and drive away. HEr liberal use of profanity was cute, considering her two children were in their car seats watching. He said one had blue eyes, and one had green. I guess he noticed when his face hit the window. There her lay tangled up in his bike on the ground in that post wreck "shock". Keep in mind this is a VERY busy road in this area with a dedicated bike lane. He said he was laying there for a good minute or so until he got up. Not a single car or pedestrian stopped to see if he was OK.

Sad thing is he is one of the nicer guys in the group. I wonder if he will stay that way?