View Single Post
Old 09-03-15, 01:52 PM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Chinese lenses tend to be about 12-25USD per pair in my experience. Chinese sometimes are a bit flakey regarding fit-to-the-frame. I have on two occasions purchased prescription glasses for about 25 USD includng frames from China, but the lenses were not quite right at the corners of the frame. Local Japanese opticiuanns charge about the same upper end or 25USD and do an excellent job with a perfect fit and test my eyes for glaucoma at the same time.

The lens blanks that I am bolting to the front of frames were only 13 USD per pair from this guy. They may be even cheaper had I not asked for them to be cut square. I wonder how difficult it can be to cut them to (for instance the Oakley RX) shape oneself.

And upon reflection, I was a bit rash above.
Originally Posted by jrossbeck
What the heck is wrong with you?
I stupidly forgot about Pupilary Distance and you were right to point it out. My PD was about 2cm out and where making me feel like a goat. Here is my blue dork glasses to within a couple of 2mm of correct PD. Even riddled with holes, they do for me.

Dork Bleu with Pupillary Distance Corrected
by Timothy Takemoto, on Flickr
Please forgive me for going on about these glasses but, this is for me a life changing product without contact lenses or which I could not use a road bike, that (other than as Billiard glasses) can not be purchased anywhere in the world, and cost a mere 13 USD (lenses ) plus a few dollars for second hand or otherwise inexpensive sun glasses.

Last edited by timtak; 09-03-15 at 09:13 PM.