Old 09-03-15, 02:06 PM
cyclotoine

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Mostly good. The problem with people who are critical of new gear and are still using 9speed is just that. They are criticizing from the outside. As someone who rides and works on new bike I have to say I love the constant advances in technology and yes you can feel it, especially with sport riding and especially on mountain bikes. I did got from 26" to 29" and it is a world of difference, then back to 27.5" and now back to 29". tire size and choice makes a huge difference, fat bikes are way cool. + size tires are rad and may take over. You have to ride it to know. I have used 3x9, 3x10, 2x10, 1x10 and now 1x11. 1x systems are awesome. The chainring life is just fine and it is fewer parts to maintain and replace. Front derailleur systems on mountain bikes are sort of clunky with rear suspension. The sport is way better off for having 1x systems and clutch derailleurs. They are awesome. Dropper post also are an amazing advancement for mountain biking. The difference in speed and fun is instant and you never want to go back..

the best part of the article is the link the the cycle systems academy podcast. You just opened a huge door for me. I have a lot of listening to do. Fun!