Old 09-04-15, 01:11 AM
nathan_bldb

Bikes: Trek SU 100, Novara Strada 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RidingMatthew
i did not mean anything by that. I just wanted to hear someone's recommendation as they have lived/rode with a light for a while versus a reviewer who had it and compared it too the light they had 2 weeks ago. bike forums did not save an update I wrote on that post.

I was just trying to figure out if there was a light that would work better than what I have been using. I think I will be looking for an all in one versus one with a separate battery pack. I might get a replacement battery pack to go with the light I have to figure out if it will last a bit longer.
Hey, I'm Nathan, and I created The Bike Light Database. The whole site is literally just me, plus the occasional help with testing or second opinion on something from friends and family. I bike almost every day - to work, for errands, and for fun. I also take my time to do thorough testing before I write a review - I ride with every light I review for at least three weeks unless an obvious deal-breaker turns me off of it sooner. While it's true that some "reviews" really just restate a press release and add some photos, I focus on details like how easy the buttons are to use with gloves, whether the mount is sturdy on bumpy terrain, and what the beam pattern is like. I do extensive quantitative testing too, like measuring light output vs battery life, and real lumen output.

I also keep close tabs on the bike lighting industry, so when there's a newer version of a product I'll make sure to update the recommendations, whereas the average rider may recommend something they have which is now 2 versions old, not knowing there's a better options now.

Obviously it's good to get many different perspectives and do your own thorough research, but I wanted to chime in since I noticed some traffic coming from this page and saw your concerns about the relevance of reviews. If you or anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer them for you!